Health care is increasingly expensive and rising costs are a concern for most people.
Funding long-term care needs planning the US Health Department Statistics indicates that almost 10 million people in the US will require Home Health Care. And costs of care are rising each year. To cover health related contingencies people need to protect themselves with insurance that pays for home health care.
1. Well before retirement plan for any contingencies that may arise in old age. Plan on being independent in every way and put in place a rock solid financial plan.
2. Consult a retirement planning expert or insurance expert and find out the advantages and disadvantages of insurance that pays for long-term home care.
3. Surf the internet and read articles and tips on home health care and how to protect yourself financially.
4. Study your existing health policy and try and get a insurance policy that covers all aspects not covered by health care. Long term or home care becomes essential with injuries, serious illnesses, and old age.
5. Before investing in an insurance policy that covers home health care find out what in actuality the policy will cover and be sure to read the fine print. Any clauses you don’t understand ask the insurance agent or company for clarifications.
6. Buy a comprehensive policy that will meet your needs. Choose a policy that covers nursing home care, home care, and has a rider that covers expenses incurred by family during the illness like costs of food or transport to and from hospitals. Choose the coverage intelligently.
7. Find out whether the policy you are purchasing is tax qualified or non-tax qualified. When an insurance policy is tax qualified you can deduct premiums as medical expense up to the set limit.
8. When purchasing a policy think about aspects like inflation find out all about inflation protection and higher daily benefit rate. Choose wisely depending on your age, gender, family health tendencies and so on.
9. Buy home health care insurance from financially sound companies. Check aspects like independent financial ratings from sources like A M Best Company or Fitch Investors Services.
10. Practice preventive health care and take good care of your health by eating balanced meals, exercising daily and getting regular health checks.
Home health care covers a whole gamut of services: nursing care, doctors visits, companionship, light housekeeping, as well as meal preparation. While government services too provide for home care the regulations are extensive and the system cannot cover many cases. Home health care can also cover occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and skilled nursing. Home health care is concerned with the medical needs of patients. Home health care funding is covered by leading insurance companies as well as Medicare, Medicaid, the Older Americans Act, the Veteran’s Administration, and more.